AbbVie Scandinavia and life science incubator SmiLe are launching Golden Ticket, and the program is now accepting applications. The purpose is to enter a partnership with a promising startup company that shares our goal of discovering innovative new therapies that improve life for people impacted by disease.
- The program is designed to help a promising startup company commercialize its innovative drug research by providing one year of access to high-quality business and research space with life science incubator SmiLe in Lund.
- The chosen company will also have access to SmiLe’s incubator program and business coaches for the year.
- Golden Ticket welcomes applications from companies that conduct research in AbbVie’s five key areas: oncology, neuroscience, immunology, eye care and aesthetics.
- Through Golden Ticket, AbbVie wants to demonstrate its dedication to a growing life science industry and spotlight innovation in the region.
The Scandinavian Golden Ticket program offers one year of access to:
- Lab space, financed by AbbVie, with access to research and office facilities and services, provided by SmiLe in Lund.
- Mentorship and business coaching from SmiLe throughout the year.
- Tailored support from AbbVie’s international researchers and mentors.
- Exclusive access to AbbVie and SmiLe networks during the year, with the opportunity for future collaboration.
“It’s important to us to be at the cutting edge and to promote an innovative, attractive life science industry in which we all focus on working toward the UN Global Goals for good health,” says Matthew Iles, CEO of AbbVie Scandinavia. “Through the collaboration with SmiLe incubator, we’re making it possible for an innovative startup company to bring their research to fruition and strengthen their networks. We know that collaboration is necessary to solve major health challenges, and this is a unique way for us to create long-term, valuable collaborations with SmiLe and the selected company – and with the Öresund region’s strong life science cluster.”
“We know that Scandinavia has incredible innovative potential and we are proud and delighted that of all the Scandinavian incubators, AbbVie chose SmiLe for Golden Ticket. Collaborations with international pharmaceutical companies are important for the individual company and for developing new drugs and therapies. We look forward to contributing our expertise and experience with helping life science startups commercialize their innovations,” says Ebba Fåhraeus, CEO of SmiLe.
The Golden Ticket-winner will be selected by research and business leaders at AbbVie and SmiLe. The decision will be based on an evaluation of the company’s ability to demonstrate trailblazing research with the potential to transform medical treatment in our key areas.
For more information, please contact:
Ebba Fåhraeus, CEO, SmiLe Incubator, tel: + 46 73 400 04 33, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Theresia Bredenwall, External Affairs Director Scandinavia, AbbVie, tel: +46 72 718 32 23, e-mail: email@example.com
Background: AbbVie Golden Ticket
The AbbVie Golden Ticket program started in the US in 2018 to support innovative early-stage biotech companies in their efforts to develop new treatments. Golden Ticket programs have been launched around the world, including in Heidelberg, London, Boston, Cambridge, Chicago and San Francisco/Silicon Valley.
The Golden Ticket program with SmiLe in Sweden is a natural extension of the company’s business development: to collaborate with different players in society in order to create good health and well-being by providing financing, mentorship and scientific expertise at an early phase of a company’s research and development. Golden Ticket also demonstrates AbbVie’s dedication to creating a dynamic and thriving life science industry.
AbbVie is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that develops innovative therapies for the toughest illnesses. Our focus areas are immunology, neurology, oncology and eye diseases. We are in 175 countries and have approximately 50,000 employees. In Scandinavia, we have approximately 330 employees, with offices in Stockholm, Oslo and Copenhagen. In all three Scandinavian countries, we are ranked among the best workplaces by Great Place to Work. Visit us at www.abbvie.se, Facebook@AbbVieSverige, and X@abbvie_se.