This event brings examples of strategies for getting the right funding and the right partnerships for moving Advanced Therapy Medicinal Products (ATMPs) from research ideas to clinical products. Hear about the experiences of academics and SMEs who are on the path to the clinic and what big pharma companies are looking for when scouting external innovations.
There will also be a networking event aimed at partnering academics with commercial expertise.
Whether academic, SME, big pharma or investor there is something for you at this free event!
13:00 – arrival mingle and registration
- indicators on name badge for clinical phase, cell/gene therapy and indication
- flyers to add to notice boards
13:30 – welcome from Medicon Village
13:35 – Setting the scene
Early Innovation support;
- 13:40 – Åsa Wallin – Swelife
- 13:45 – Karin Hultman – Novo Nordisk Foundation – researcher funding
- 13:50 – Bio Innovation Institute (BII) – offer funding and accelerator programs – entrepreneur start up focus
- 13:55 – Stephan Christgau – Novoseeds – Early stage Venture Capital – Funding for projects (Universities/Startups)
14:00 – Ryan Hicks – AstraZeneca
Funded ATMP Projects;
- 14:10 – Rula Zain – Karolinska Institutet – Swelife project
- 14:20 – Cristiana Pires – Asgard Therapeutics – Academic Incubator support to commercialise
- 14:30 – Helder Andre – St Eriks Eye Hospital – Angel Investment
- 14:40 – Cecilia Götherström – BOOSTB4 EU funding
14:50 – questions with all speakers available
15:00 – fika and networking
- speakers separate to specific tables for discussion
- time to browse notice board flyers
16:00 – carpool to NLSdays
16:30 – Nordic Life Science Awards Presentation
18:00 – NLSdays welcome get together at Malmömässan
This event is sponsored by Medicon Village, Swelife and Bioneer.
Make sure to register for NLSdays to attend our Beyond Phase I session also! ATMPs at NLSdays 2019