Career afternoon for PhD students and postdocs
Interested in applying your scientific knowledge to a commercial setting? Together with Careers Centre and MDR at Lund University and Science Skills, Medicon Village is organizing and hosting a career day for junior life science researchers considering working in industry.
Besides providing practical career development skills which early career researchers need for a successful career in the life science industry, the event is also an opportunity to broaden your network and to mingle with potential employers. Among the represented companies at the event are Ferring Pharmaceuticals, Lundbeck, LEO Pharma, SARomics Biostructures, BioInvent, Alligator Bioscience.
Are you a life science student or PhD and want to:
- Know the life science labour market in the region?
- Know what skills you need to be attractive?
- Meet your potential future employer?
- Write a convincing CV?
- Find out about trainee programmes in industry?
Then participate in this afternoon and evening full of useful and inspiring talks and meetings!
- Introduction to job searching in the life science industry: From navigating the landscape to employment contract.
- Presentation of opportunities for entering the industry.
- Understanding roles and specialities in industry.
- Mingeling session with companies.
- After Work sponsored by Miltenyi Biotec.
Moderator: Tina Persson
13.00-14.15 Opening and welcome by the organizers
- Current life science landscape of the region + country, Petter Hartman, Medicon Village Innovation.
- Currently needed & wanted skills on the labour market, Niclas Nilsson, LU Innovation.
- How to boost your professional profile: Tips and trends, Pernilla Agardh, Agardh Consulting.
- Employment contract, common traps and how to avoid them? Daniel Wallin, Naturvetarna.
14.15-14.45 Presentation on ongoing initiatives
- TFS Trainee Programme, Catherine Heddle, TFS HealthScience.
- Astra Zeneca Early Talent Programmes, Sofia Langenius, Astra Zeneca.
- LIF Trainee Programme, Karolina Rondahl, LIF.
14.45-15.00 Coffee + fresh air & stretching break
15.00- 15.50 Roles & specialities in industry
- Preclinical drug-development: Karin von Wachenfelt, Truly Translational.
- A future in Development in Life Science: Jan Hellqvist, Key2Compliance.
15.50-16.30: Mingle with companies
- Introduction on mingling session – Tina Persson
- Mingle with companies with open positions: Astra Zeneca, Red Glead Discovery, Janssen, Alligator Bioscience, Ferring Pharmaceuticals, LEO Pharma, SVAR Life Science, TFS HealthScience, H. Lundbeck, Camurus, BioInvent, SARomics Biostructures, HØIBERG and Miltenyi Biotec.
16.30 – Science After Work with inspiring interview, sponsored by Miltenyi Biotec
- Special guest: Christina Östberg Lloyd, Ferring Pharmaceuticals.
You need to register for this event – first come, first served (180 seats).
- When: to
- Where: The Auditorium in the Inspira building at Medicon Village, Scheelevägen 4, Lund.
- Organizer: Careers Centre and MDR at Faculty of Medicine, Lund University in collaboration with Medicon Village and Science Skills
- Language: English
Please register no later than Thursday 3 November 2022
- Lottie Norrsén