Medicon Village Academy: Plastic medtech parts – a guided tour from concept to product launch
Medicon Village Academy – an educational meeting concept for sharing life science knowledge
Plastic is THE material for many technical and medical devices. It is versatile and can satisfy high performance demands for many applications. The trick is to design for it, know how to choose the correct material and how to process it correctly
AMB and partners are happy to invite you to participate in our guided tour comprising most of the important steps to consider when developing a medical plastic part; from the idea/concept phase, tooling, choice of material, measuring and finally the industrialization.
AMB and Medicon Village welcome you to an engaging morning.
08.30 Registration and light breakfast
09.00 Welcome note and introduction by moderator Robert Rudensjö at AMB
- Alten is a leading consultancy firm, active in areas from space technology to life science. Dan Karlsson will emphasize the importance of the concept phase and how to take the new MDR (Medical Device Regulation) into account.
- Albis is representing leading manufacturers and brands as a distributor of thermoplastics. Given that there are many different thermoplastics with subgroups we are looking forward to Björn Petersson’s guidance how to find the best suitable plastic material for your project.
10.05 Coffee break
- Tingverken provides injection moulds and other production equipment and has a long experience of tooling used in life-science. Material knowledge, dimension stability and processability must be understood months before the first shot is made in the tool. Jerker Åkesson, with decades in the industry, will let you know what is crucial in terms of input to and the tooling itself.
- Zeiss, well known optical expert for 175 years is also a leading manufacturer of multidimensional measuring solutions. Kim Skov Mortensen will point out the importance of metrology, i.e. the art of measurement and its increasing importance in many medical devices. Did you know you can scan all internal and external structures with computed tomography systems (CT)? Let Kim explain!
11.30 Leg stretch
- AMB lacks Zeiss’ 100 extra years but 75 years in the plastic business also means a lot of experience. Håkan Lavebratt will tie up the tour by highlighting important steps of the industrialization phase, i.e. going from a prototype to high volume production. How to validate the result? – let’s discuss the options.
12.30 Lunch and Mingle
- When: to
- Where: Allvar (Inspira), Medicon Village, Scheelevägen 4, Lund
- Organizer: Medicon Village in collaboration with AMB and partners
- Language: English
Please register no later than Friday 18 November 2022
- Lottie Norrsén