Career Day 2023 for life science students and early career researchers
Careers Centre at Faculty of Medicine, Lund University and Medicon Village are organising and hosting a career day for junior life science researchers considering working in industry.
Are you a student or early career researcher within the life science field and want to:
- Know the life science labour market in the region?
- Know what skills you need to be attractive?
- Meet your potential future employer?
- Write a convincing CV?
- Find out about trainee programmes in industry?
- Interested in applying your scientific knowledge to a commercial setting?
Then participate in this day full of useful and inspiring talks and meetings!
Besides providing practical career development skills which early career researchers need for a successful career in the life science industry, the event is also an opportunity to broaden your network and to mingle with potential employers that are present in the afternoon.
- Introduction to job searching in the life science industry: From navigating the landscape to employment contract.
- Presentation of opportunities for entering the industry.
- Understanding roles and specialities in industry.
- Mingling session with companies.
- After Work.
Morning Sessions in the Auditorium (registration required)
09:00-09:05 Welcome by the moderator, presentation of hosts, partners and sponsors
09:05-10:05 Facts and inspiration about Competences for the Future
- Current life science landscape of the region, Petter Hartman, CEO, Medicon Village Innovation.
- Skills for the future life science challenges, Sarah Lidé, Deputy CEO, Medicon Village Innovation.
- How to become attractive, skills and combos needed on the life science job market, Cecilia Jädert, Innovation developer, LU Innovation.
10:05-10:25 Presentation of AstraZeneca Early Talent Programme
- Tiffany Schärer, R&D Graduate Scientist Bioscience, AstraZeneca.
- Linus Källman, Talent Acquisition Partner, AstraZeneca.
- Eric Rochat, Research Scientist, AstraZeneca.
10:25-10:45 Presentation of IQVIA Talent Programme
- Betina Cramer, Marketing and Communications Manager, Nordics, IQVIA
10:45-11:05 Coffee + fresh air & stretching break
11:05-11:25 Roles in startups
- Anette Säfholm, CEO at Gedea.
11:25-11:45 Perspectives on starting a startup
- Liza Tchapanova, co-founder and CEO at Trackpaw Scientific.
11:45-12:05 Defining the brand value of a prescription medicine
- Sunil Ramkali, W Communication Agency.
12:05-13:00 Lunch outside session rooms
Afternoon Sessions, Exhibition and After Work (no registration required)
12:00-17:00 Exhibition in the Café area
- Meet companies with open positions and other organisations.
14:30 Coffee and cake
13:00-16:00 Parallel session 1 in room Allvar
- 13:00-13:15 How to boost your professional profile: Tips and trends. Pernilla Agardh at Agardh Recruitment & Consulting.
- 13:15-13:30 Employment contract, common traps and how to avoid them. Daniel Wallin, Naturvetarna.
- 13:30-16:00 Q&A, Drop-in 5 min consultations with Agardh Recruitment & Consulting and Naturvetarna, first come, first served.
13:00-16:00 Parallel session 2 in room Sune
- Build your own career – Make your research beneficial. Workshop starting every hour, drop in first come first served. LU Innovation.
16.00-18.00 After Work
- Science After Work (Christmas Edition) at Café Inspira. More info on the Science After Work.
REGISTRATION AND ATTENDANCE
You need to register for morning sessions – first come, first served (180 seats). Please register no later than Sunday 3 December 2023. If the morning sessions are fully booked, there will be a waiting list.
Afternoon sessions are open, no registration required.
- When: to
- Where: The Inspira building at Medicon Village. Entrance from Scheeletorget, Lund.
- Organizer: Careers Centre at Faculty of Medicine, Lund University in collaboration with Medicon Village
- Language: English
Please register no later than Sunday 3 December 2023
- Pernilla Carlsson (Faculty of Medicine, Lund University)