SwedenBIO have released this year's overview of the Swedish pharmaceutical pipeline and the ecosystem of Swedish companies that create it, presenting 159 companies with headquarters in Sweden, currently active in 506 drug discovery and development projects.
We have identified some facts and figures that might be of interest to you:
- 29 % of featured companies are from Skåne (46 of 159).
- 52 % of featured Skåne companies are based at Medicon Village (24 of 46), of which 11 are publicly listed.
- Medicon Village has a stronger focus on oncology compared to the national and regional average (42 % in Medicon Village vs 36 % in Skåne, 32% in Sweden).
- We have a higher than average focus on ATMP as well, with 15 % of Medicon Village-based projects involving ATMP (vs 12 % in Sweden).
- The overall pipeline seems slightly more mature among Medicon Village-based companies as well – among the report's 73 pipeline projects, 51 % are in clinical phase I-III, compared to the national average of 44 %.
Please note that iCoat Medical and Omnio also have a presence at Medicon Village, but because they are not headquartered in the South, we excluded them from the above analysis to make it more straight forward.
For full report: https://www.mediconvillage.se/downloadable-resources/