At a ceremony held on 1 November, the recipients of the 2023 donations from Medicon Villages’ owner, the Mats Paulsson Foundation for Research, Innovation, and Societal Development, were announced. This year, the foundation is contributing 16 million SEK to life science projects in Skåne, with a special emphasis on cancer research and advanced therapy medicinal products (ATMP). The six recipients are all affiliated with Lund University and Malmö University.
The Medicon Village auditorium buzzed with anticipation as it reached full capacity for the formal announcement of the 2023 donation recipients from Medicon Villages’ owner, the Mats Paulsson Foundation for Research, Innovation, and Societal Development, during Wednesday afternoon’s prestigious ceremony.
Six donation recipients from Lund University’s Faculty of Medicine and Faculty of Engineering, as well as Malmö University, shared a total of 16 million SEK in grants. Notably, there was a special focus this year on supporting cancer-related research and innovative studies in advanced therapy medicinal products (ATMP).
The day commenced with an inspiring Science for Lunch session, featuring presentations by previous grant recipients. In the afternoon, the invited guests also had the opportunity to listen to lectures by prominent researchers such as Göran Jönsson, Professor in the Division of Oncology at Lund University, and Malin Parmar, Professor at the Developmental and Regenerative Neurobiology Wallenberg Neuroscience Center, who shared insights from their groundbreaking research.
”Having access to strong research environments is a key factor in explaining the successful development of the science park Medicon Village over the last decade. For the foundation, it is therefore absolutely crucial to continue supporting talented researchers within the field of life science in our region,” says Göran Grosskopf, Chairman of the Mats Paulsson Foundation for Research, Innovation, and Societal Development.
The 2023 donation recipients are:
- Johan Flygare, Lund Stem Cell Center, Dept. of Laboratory Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Lund University
- Kristian Soltesz, Dept. of Automatic Control, Faculty of Engineering, LTH, Lund University
- Tautgirdas Ruzgas, Department of Biomedical Science, Faculty of Health and Society, Malmö University
- Agatheeswaran Subramaniam, Dept. of Laboratory Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Lund University
- Sophia Zackrisson, Dept. of Translational Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Lund University
- Magnus Cinthio, Dept. of Biomedical Engineering, LTH, Lund University
For more information, please visit https://www.matspaulssonstiftelserna.com/